Type your question here!

Monday, May 2, 2011

Wind, Not Insects, Causing Damage to Tender New Growth

Wind Damage to Persimmon
Q. I hope you can help with a small problem with our dwarf peach tree.  Something is shredding the leaves and I cannot see anything after a close inspection.  Could this be a nocturnal pest?


Root Weevil Damage
A. We have a lot of wind damage right now and that does shred leaves. The only other nocturnal insect might be root weevils which I have never seen on peach but “notches” the edge of the leaf, not shreds it. My best guess would be wind damage and not to worry about it. If you sent me a picture of the leaf I could tell better. You will be able to see the difference on my blogspot, Xtremehorticulture of the Desert, or my weekly newsletter.

No comments:

Post a Comment