Type your question here!

Loading...

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Answers to Gardening Questions in Las Vegas

Q. I’ve had raised vegetables beds for three years now. I attended a lot classes the first year, then got busy planting and am not in contact with gardeners anymore. Do you still recommend calling the Master Gardener line? Or which classes are most helpful for non-beginners?

A. I sure do. The Master Gardener help line at 702-257-5555 can be reached any Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm. The volunteers still work and meet at the Orchard in North Las Vegas on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays from about 7 am until about noon or so. Stay tuned. I am currently looking for a place where I can continue to teach.
Orchard volunteers at one of our many bbq potlucks

You can call the helpline but much of the information just depends on your question, how detailed it is and who is there to answer. Sometimes when technical questions match the experiences of the volunteers they can be extremely helpful.

When asking me questions it helps if you can take pictures and send them to me such as the “black beetle like bugs” you mentioned.

1 comment:

  1. I have 3 huge palm trees in my yard. The leaves on one are turning yellow. Help! Can it be saved? How can I prevent the others from turning?

    ReplyDelete