Type your question here!

Friday, May 23, 2014

5-in-1 Fruit Tree Growing Differently on Different Branches

Q. I purchased a 5 in 1fruit tree from the recent orchard event. The two thickest grafted branches have vigorous foliage.  The next smallest is marginal, with one foliage "bud" close to the main trunk, nothing distally. The two thinnest don't look good -- no foliage. Suggestions?
A. I am not sure what is going on with your tree. I have heard of a couple of people having trouble but very few actually.

I would wait a bit longer and see what happens. I am not a big fan of fruit trees that are multiple budded for the very reason you mentioned. Over time it is inevitable one or several of the varieties die off. I think they may have ordered multiple budded trees because of demand but, like I said, I am not a big fan of them.

I prefer to use multiple trees planted in a single hole in these cases. I would send you here for more information on multiple trees in a hole.

Some information from Dave Wilson Nursery. Go here!

No comments:

Post a Comment