Type your question here!

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Eliminating Mesquite Pods

Q. I s there a spray for mesquites like there is for olive trees so I wouldn’t get the pods?

A. There is no chemical that is specifically labeled for Mesquite trees and keeping the pods off. There are a couple of chemicals that might work. Here is a good link from the Morton Arboretum on reducing fruit, and this would include pods, produced by ornamental trees.


The problem is we don't know the right concentration or the correct timing. I will post this on my blog and also on the Yahoo discussion group desert horticulture and see if we can get some discussion on this.

I have Sweet acacia on my property and it drops pods all the time but I have a rock mulch that is multicolored and my landscape is not formal so it blends into the mulch. But these pods are much smaller than Mesquite.

No comments:

Post a Comment