This is a 4 week class on growing fruit trees in the Mojave Desert starting late October. The class will be taught in North Las Vegas near Cheyenne and I-15 on Saturday afternoons from 1 pm until 3 pm .
What you will learn:
- fruit tree selection and where to buy them and rootstock to use
- spacing, row or plant orientation and size control
- planting fruit trees correctly including soil amendments
- use of woodchip mulch vs rock and where to get it
- critter protection of new fruit trees
- irrigation management
- when to fertilize, how much to use and the type of fertilizer
- when to prune and how
- insect pests and diseases
- harvesting to avoid bird problems
Fruit trees this information applies to include: peach, nectarine, plum, pluot, apple, pear, Asian pear, cherry, pomegranate, persimmon, fig, jujube, and quince with some discussion about citrus included.
Cost is $100 per person
Certificates of completion will be given to those who attend all four classes.
Sign up here