Type your question here!

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Best Small Apricot Is Gold Kist

Q. I would like to plant an apricot tree with my existing pomegranate and orange.  I would like one with the larger fruit and keep the tree to approximately six feet tall with regular pruning. Do you have any suggesting as to variety and where I can purchase one?

A. I hesitate a little bit just because I don't know what you're going to find in apricots locally. Selection of apricots is quite limited here in Las Vegas. You might have to order online if they even have left. You might find some Fall leftovers in the nurseries.
Winter form of 15-year-old Gold Kist apricot
One of my favorite apricots that stays about 6 to 7 feet tall and requires little additional pruning when trained early in its development is Gold Kist apricot grafted on to Nemaguard rootstock. This is a normal sized apricot tree. The fruit is excellent.
http://www.davewilson.com/product-information/product/gold-kist-apricot

No comments:

Post a Comment