Type your question here!

Monday, February 13, 2012

Pyracantha Has No Berries


Q. Would you happen to know why my eight pyracantha bushes did not produce red berries this year?  I did not see birds helping themselves.

A. On your pyracantha the only thing I can come up with is either that they did not flower (you did not tell me if they flowered or not) or that a late freeze eliminated the fruit crop. We did have a late freeze in the spring which eliminated many plums and apricots this past growing season.         

Another possibility could be how they were pruned. If they were pruned in such a way that the flowering wood was removed, then it is possible the fruit would be removed as well. If your pyracantha bloomed this past year and did not fruit then this means it was most likely a late frost. I hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment