Type your question here!

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Why I Dont Like to do Plant Recommendations


Q. I was wondering what shrubs you would recommend to plant this fall (here in Las Vegas)? I prefer ones that will stay green all year long.
 

A. I normally don’t recommend specific shrubs for a number of reasons; there are so many, I would have to provide a list of 25 to 50 shrubs and we would go back and forth with questions for you to answer, if I recommend them there is no guarantee you can find them here.

So I would highly recommend some trips to the nurseries, tell them what you are looking for, they will ask you a bunch of questions to narrow the choices, they will recommend five to ten they actually carry and then you can narrow it down to a few you like.

 Then, if you give me the names of the ones you like and you can find locally, I can help you with your decisions with pros and cons. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment