Type your question here!

Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Is Organic Worth It?

Personally, I am beginning to question the value of organic production whether it is done in the United States, Europe, Canada, Australia or the Far East. In years past, when organic production was first starting out, I thought it was a great idea and a chance for the small farmer, particularly the local one, to compete in the food marketplace. 
I started having my doubts perhaps starting about 5 – 7 years ago for a variety of reasons. However, I still consider myself an advocate for locally produced food and getting to know your farmer as well as Good Agricultural Practices (GAPs), beginning with Eurepgap and more recently Globalgap.
Good agricultural Practices focus on a holistic, and in my opinion, a more rational approach toward producing food by small farms. But still, large scale conventional farming will never replace the "local producer". 
I hope you enjoy reading this article from Chemistry World.

Read the article here.


No comments:

Post a Comment