Type your question here!

Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Jelly from Yellow Pear Tomato by Reader

I received this recipe for pear tomato jam I thought might interest some of you. 

For many years I helped my mother canning, storing, and making jams and jellies for a family of six. I finally quit making jellies about 4 years ago.

I liked making jellies from strawberries and crushed pineapple; Apricot and pineapple; and Yellow Pear tomato with pineapple.  

My own recipe:
4 cups tomatoes crushed ( I have a 30+ year old Oster chopper
1 8 oz can crushed pineapple
Combine to make 5 cups of fruit (you may need a small amount of water
1-2 teaspoons lemon juice which keeps the jelly from turning dark
7 cups sugar
1 package pectin

Follow the Pectin instructions.

Keep up the good information

Loretta


No comments:

Post a Comment