Type your question here!

Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Chef Looking for Local Myers Lemon Fruit

I have a chef friend was looking for a small quantity of Meyer lemons. This is February 11 and he realizes it's at the end of the season for Meyer lemons but he only needs 50-100 fruit. Does anyone have them and would they like to sell them for a fair price to this chef?

This is Meyers lemon. Notice the fruit is round and when it's fully mature oftentimes it develops an orange Jewish yellow color on the rind. It is not a true lemon like Lisbon or Bonanza but a hybrid that contains some orange genetics as well as lemon.It has a distinctive flavor different from true lemons.But it still tastes like a lemon.

This begs a question. I have a twitter account. It is located at #Xtremehort On this twitter account I post infrequently but I let people know if there is a pest problem or danger to growing fruit and vegetables in southern Nevada. I am wondering if I should also offer my twitter account to chefs and local producers so they can connect. Any thoughts on this?

I would love to hear your thoughts at any of my email addresses: Extremehort@aol.com; Xtremehort@gmail.com and Xtremehorticulture@gmail.com

9 comments:

  1. I like the idea of connecting local chefs to your twitter account, but now I need to sign up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He can come get he wants I have about 100 left on the trees

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andy. What phone number can he reach you? Send it to me at Extremehort@aol.com

      Delete
  3. I just juiced and froze a TON of meyer lemons last week…I have it frozen in ice cube size chunks…I would be happy to share it with him…I was begging people to take them off my hands last week…I picked them because the new blossoms were already coming on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be great! I already have a few ideas of how I'd like to use them. Please let me know where and when would be most convenient for you. My email is blondeingv@gmail.com . Many thanks!

      Delete
  4. I'm the one for whom Bob graciously posted. Thanks so much, Andy. Please let me know where in town you're located, as well as a good time for me to come and pick. I can be available most any day and time. You can reach me at blondeingv@gmail.com . Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have plenty on my tree that need to be picked. I know you have received some responses already, however if in the future you would like to share my email I would be happy to connect with the chef.

    Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to get some from anyone needed to clear their tree as well. We make preserved lemons and moved from our property that had a tree.

    ReplyDelete