Type your question here!

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Who to Hire to Prune Your Fruit Trees

I am pretty particular about who I recommend for pruning fruit trees in Las Vegas. I began the University Orchard in North Las Vegas in 1996 and am now consulting at the 8 acre Orchard at Ahern established five years ago. The fruit trees under my care include peach, nectarine, apricot, plum, pluot, apple, European pear, Asian pear, figs, pomegranates, jujube, sweet and sour Cherry,, wine and table grapes and a myriad of other fruit trees not on this list.
A young guy but Picho shows some promise pruning fruit trees.

Periodically I am asked who I would trust to prune fruit trees in this area. There aren't that many people. Pruning fruit trees is very different from pruning ornamental shade trees and it requires a specialized knowledge and skill set.
Picho shows great promise in pruning plum, peach, nectarine, apple, pear for our hot desert climate.

I have been working with a young man for the last three years on pruning these fruit trees at the Orchard at Ahern and I feel like he is ready to go out on his own.

If you need some help or need someone to prune your fruit trees, give him a try. Contact me for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment